2016 We Walked and When We Were Tired We Walked Again

This year we had a Kentucky Sisterhood - even tho Louanna lives in Virginia; I know for a fact - in her heart she's Kentucky. Both Lou and Judy were our newbies. Judy and I met at the Albuquerque airport, texting selfies to one another - we had no trouble meeting up. Within the hour Mary Fern and Louanna arrive. We take the bus to the rental car lot. While suitcases are being loaded; I'm checking out the car for damage and we're off to Santa Fe; about an hours drive.

We arrive at the house, it's perfect - great layout. Suitcases are coming in; I go to the car to get mine ... you can probably tell where this is going, right? There's no Becky suitcase in the car; I go inside to see which sweet sister brought it in - lots of blank looks. Now the sinking feeling has thudded to the floor - apparently my suitcase is still in Albuquerque at the car lot. A phone call confirms my suspicion and yes, it was still on the curb and no they can't send it to Santa Fe.

We were all tired. I encouraged everyone to stay put; not happening in the SFSisterhood. We all pile back into the car to retrieve the missing suitcase. On the return trip; the weather abruptly changed from sunny to a down pour - nothing fun about that drive except we saw a triple rainbow - seriously a Triple Rainbow, right across the Sandias.

I think we grabbed food and wine at the grocery and collapsed in our beds.

This was Judy and Louannas 1st visit to Santa Fe so Friday we decide on a walking tour; parking at the train station - we walked Santa Fe. Oh yes we did. Judy most definitely didn't bring walking shoes. She had the most massive blisters I've ever seen. Market parking is expensive, time consuming, thus we decided we'd walk each day. Almost the most boring walk EVER! But we did pass a prairie dog colony which was both fascinating and amusing. We had lunch at The Shed and then took Louanna to one of my favorite galleries and she bought a gorgeous inlay ring; I believe it was from Calvin Begay's collection as that's why I went to the gallery. He's often there.

A common SFSisterhood trait - we like looking and don't mind spending. And somewhere thru the years, we also learned it's best to be Politically on the same page - much more enjoyable for everyone; avoids sulking and me worrying. 

This was an interesting trip for a variety of reasons. The weather was just weird. We had a nice patio and rarely got to use it as there would be a downpour - I mean torrential downpour; every time we went outside to relax. Then my husband, who never bothers me while I'm traveling, decided to worry about the 7,000' ft altitude and lack of available oxygen. He's checking in every day and I'm going Whaaat? 

Becky


Mary Fern


Home of The Ring; Rainman Gallery?

Becky, Louanna and Mary Fern

Becky, Mary Fern, Judy and Louanna
Apprentice night at the opera
I'm still trying to figure out which composer's 300th or 200th (what's a 100 yrs?_ birthday year it was. Somehow I think it was Wagner. A very hoity toity group was having a celebration and placing a new bench on the opera plaza. The usher standing near us told us to go ahead and join - know one will notice. Really? They were wearing tux's and long gowns. We were otherwise dressed. My ribbon skirt doesn't count. They didn't notice, we had a little champagne and smiled lots.

Views from the opera are exquisite.

Panel from the Cathedral

Mary Fern and Louanna went to early Mass while Judy and I sort of loitered outside; later wishing we'd gone after we heard what we missed.

Monday, I flew to Dallas/Ft Worth while the others headed home. Incidentally, the Albuquerque airport has some great jobs - worth it to arrive early.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Year of Pandemic and Reunion

2014 House of My Dreams